The first day of the conference, September 27, 2021, is dedicated to workshops and tutorials. We are seeking submissions for full or half day workshops and tutorials on specialized topics or emerging research fields that may be of interest to the GIScience community. Workshops are intended to provide an opportunity for researchers to present work in progress, obtain feedback from colleagues, and discuss future directions for the field. Tutorials offer an opportunity for an interactive, deep-dive into a single topic. To submit a workshop or tutorial proposal, please prepare and submit the following three items as a single PDF document:
1) One (1) page containing:
- Title of the workshop or tutorial
- Event organizer(s) and their affiliations;
- Format of workshop/tutorial (full or half day);
- Description of topic and whit is relevant to the community and conference attendees;
- Scope and novelty of the workshop/tutorial;
- Previous related workshops/tutorials (if any);
2) One (1) page containing:
- The intended program committee (for workshops);
- Brief schedule (timeline) of planned workshop activities;
- Expected number of participants;
- Technical equipment and supplies required;
3) A draft Call for Participation to be used to advertise the event on the conference website.
NOTE: If you have identified a topic of interest and would like to suggest a workshop or tutorial, but have not been able to locate collaborators, please contact Grant McKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for possible matches.
EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR WORKSHOPS and TUTORIALS
- Is it an appropriate topic for GIScience?
- Is the activity particularly timely or important?
- Is it likely to attract sufficient participants?
- Is it well-designed and likely to achieve the stated goal(s)?
- Are the organizers appropriate for the proposed topic?
- Have similar workshops or tutorials been held in the recent past, and if so how does the proposal relate to those previous activities?
- Workshops proposals deadline: March 8, 2021
- Workshops notification: March 22, 2021
Accepted workshops whose organizers wish to have the proceedings included in the GIScience digital conference proceedings must submit a single volume PDF of their proceedings to the Workshop Chairs by August 1, 2021.